Skip to content
- Medicare and Medicaid provider fraud:
- Washington State pays out more than $700 million in fraudulent claims to its Medicaid providers.
- To combat this scourge, the Legislature enacted the Medicaid Fraud False Claims Act, RCW 74.66, in 2012, which provides for treble damages and civil penalties for against providers who knowingly submit false claims for payment.
- The MFFCA allows a person (known as a relator) to bring an action for violations of the MFFCA on behalf of the state and the person.
- The relator is entitled to receive up to 30% of the recovered damages.
- Unfortunately, due to the absence of effective government enforcement in Washington, provider fraud remains rampant here.
- Smith & Dietrich’s lawyers served in the Attorney General’s Medicaid Fraud Control Unit for several years and are very knowledgeable about the law and enforcement environment (build page with complaints, press releases, etc and link).
- We represent relators or whistleblowers on a contingent fee basis – no recovery, no attorney fee.
- We are available for consultation with employment lawyers and other practitioners.